Marin has a decades long tradition of great live music, and there are a few places where you can still hear excellent acts every single night. One of them in Peri’s, the very long-lived, cool, and casual bar, pool hall and music spot on Broadway in Fairfax. Peri’s books all sorts of acts: jazz, funk, rock, Hawaiian, country; the list goes on.
They have a number of regular events:
- Mondays at 9:30 are Open Mic with Billy D
- Wednesdays they offer swing dancing lessons. It’s a great deal – $10 gets you a 45 minute lesson and includes a free beer! Beginners class starts at 7:00 and intermediate is at 7:45.
- 1st Sundays are Peri’s Blues Jam from 8:30 – 11:30
- 2nd Sundays are “Sexy Sundays” featuring women rockers – starts at 9:00.
- Every couple of months on the third Tuesday is First Draughts: Pints and Prose (get it?) which is a group of writers that get together to do readings, followed by open mic for writers. That one is from 6:00 – 8:00.
Peri’s also supports the community they’ve been part of for over 80 years. Saturday, May 14th, is a show that benefits the local Coop Nursery School. That event starts at 8:00 and features indie rock band Angel Island.
Where: 29 Broadway, Fairfax, CA 94930 (map)