Well, the news is all over the county – Marin Rowing Association won the team trophy at the US Rowing Southwest Regional Championships in May and this past weekend in Tennessee took 2 Golds in the Youth Men 8+ and Youth Lightweight 8+ and took Silver in the Youth Women 8+. They are also sending three young men to the US Nationals Selection Camp next week for the team that will represent the US at the World Youth rowing championships in Bulgaria this August.Why do I point this out? Because rowing is a fabulous sport for all ages; you live right by the best rowing program in the country; right now is the perfect time to sign your kids or yourself up for their Summer Learn to Row camps.
Learn to Row camps for youth/juniors are an ideal way to help kids in a number of ways:
- build teamwork skills and camaraderie
- make new friends in a positive social environment
- establish healthy fitness habits for life
- develop a strong body and positive body image
- develop focus and discipline with a productive habit
- provide opportunities for recruitment and scholarships for college
- and, of course, have a ton of fun!
The adult benefits are just the same, with the exception of the college recruitment 😉
Where: Marin Rowing Association Boathouse, 50 Drakes Landing Circle, Greenbrae, CA 94904 (map)