Well, the news is all over the county – Marin Rowing Association took the top three gold medals at the 2011 US Rowing National Youth Championships this week in Tennessee. That follows the club’s top national standing (as a club) at last Fall’s Head of the Charles competition for all of their programs, from Youth to Masters. Why do I point this out? Because rowing is a fabulous sport for all ages; you live right by the best rowing program in the country; right now is the perfect time to sign your kids or yourself up for their Summer Learn to Row camps.
Learn to Row camps for youth/juniors are an ideal way to help kids in a number of ways:
- build teamwork skills and camaraderie
- make new friends in a positive social environment
- establish healthy fitness habits for life
- develop a strong body and positive body image
- develop focus and discipline with a productive habit
- provide opportunities for recruitment and scholarships for college
- and, of course, have a ton of fun!
The adult benefits are just the same, with the exception of the college recruitment 😉
Where: Marin Rowing Association Boathouse, 50 Drakes Landing Circle, Greenbrae, CA 94904 (map)