Another great 4th of July Celebration in Marin this weekend is Sausalito’s. It’s an all-day event kicked off with a pancake breakfast, then the parade, picnic and entertainment in the park, followed by entertainment & fireworks at night.
The pancake breakfast at Sparrow Creek Montessori School at 304 Caledonia Street runs from 8:00 – noon and features blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup. It’s their 12th annual, and it’s a fundraiser for their scholarship fund.
The parade starts at 10:00 a.m. in Old Town at 2nd and Main Streets, heads along Bridgeway through downtown, and winds up at Dunphy Park. That’s where the picnic, live music and family games will go on throughout the afternoon until 5:00.
Then it’s down to Gabrielson Park near the ferry landing at 6:30 for dinner, where you can buy food and drinks while listening to live music. Fireworks start at dark over the Bay from a barge. We’re supposed to have clear weather so the show should be spectacular!
- Pancake Breakfast: Sparrow Creek Montessori School, 304 Caledonia Street, Sausalito (map)
- Parade: Along Bridgeway Avenue (map)
- Picnic & Music: Dunphy Park (map)
- Dinner & Fireworks: Gabrielson Park (map)
- Pancake Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. – noon
- Parade: 10:00 – noon
- Picnic & Music: Noon – 5:00 p.m.
- Dinner & Fireworks: 6:30 p.m.- 9:30 p.m.